What should I do if I am fainting?

Isolated cases of fainting are most often not associated with any pathology. However, with repeated episodes of loss of consciousness, you should consult a doctor. Patients who have:

  • chest pain;
  • symptoms of congestive heart failure;
  • moderate or severe damage to the heart valves;
  • moderate or severe structural heart disease;
  • electrocardiographic signs of ischemia;
  • ventricular arrhythmias in the past;
  • prolonged QT interval (more than 500 ms);
  • heart block;
  • persistent sinus bradycardia;
  • atrial fibrillation;
  • Brugada syndrome;
  • palpitations during fainting;
  • fainting at rest or during exercise.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.